Monday, January 18, 2010

Halloween '09 - OR - The Curse of the Mummy!




Morgan announced that she wanted to go trick-or-treating as a mummy this year so I dug around in the costume box and unearthed a pharaoh costume I had made for Kyle when he was in 5th grade. I bought several yards of fabric and ripped it into strips before tea-dying them. After that, I sewed the strips onto a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt. Morgan looked positively mummified. She arose from the dead just in time to go to go trick-or-treating. We met a friend and hit the neighborhood to the west and then ran around ours and dropped Morgan's friend off at her house. By the end of the night, Morgan was trailing bandages and moaning like a real, gosh-darn mummy!

Unfortunately, we realized what she was moaning for; Morgan woke us up in the middle of the night with the stomach flu. Yes, you guessed it, our little mummy was puking her guts up. Of course, it would have been easier if her guts had been kept in a canopic jar because it wouldn't have been as messy. I guess you can't have everything.

No comments: