Thursday, September 17, 2009

Labor Day BBQ


Shawn smoked ribs for Labor day and they were gooooood! It's too bad ya'all were'nt here because we had smoked calico beans, mac n'cheese with black truffles, potato salad and homemade bbq sauce served up with our ribs. We guzzled it all down with fresh squeezed lemonade or root beer. Shawn spent all day cooking. It was like thanksgiving came early. We stuffed ourselves silly but it was fabulous!

To end the evening, he made a heavenly dessert from the French Laundry cookbook with a cinnamon icecream and a light and fluffy chocolate molten meringue concoction on the top and a yummy cookie on the bottom. I'll insert a picture so you can see what it looked like. (I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like when he served up the real thing so I had to take one when he did the reproduction with the stuff that was left over the next night. It may not look as pretty but it sure tasted good!)

I'll try to upload the video I took of the table and the carving of the ribs. Poor dog wanted to eat bbq too but we had to tell her, "Dogs don't like ribs!" (I don't think she believes us.)

2 comments:

Grover Family Blog said...

OK, so I couldn't get the video uploaded. Sorry! You'll have to trust me - it was YUMMY! - Liz

Liz said...

OK, Shawn is officially offended at the picture I posted. He thinks this picture is not completely flattering. Would it help to know that the chocolate confection was molten on the inside and when you cut into it with your fork it melted all over the place? Combined with the cinnamon ice cream and the bittersweet chocolate sauce, it was absolutely heavenly!